"Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true." ACTS 17:11
Please get out your bibles and reflect on these tenants of the Christian faith for yourself. Just as the Bereans did thousands of years ago using the very same scriptures we have today.
God is an amazing God who gave us His word, the Bible, a group of inspired books used to learn about Yahweh, the one true God and His son, Yeshua (Jesus).
WHAT IS THE FAITH?
- The "faith" is belief in the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ (Messiah Yeshua in Hebrew).
- Those who have faith are baptized via water immersion.
- "Called out" to join the body of Christ, which is referred to as the Church.
- Participates in the eating of bread (Christ's body) and the drinking of wine (Christ's blood).
- Those in the faith receive "grace" or unmerited favor by God.
- Faithful believers are able to receive forgiveness of sins by praying in the name of Messiah Yeshua (Jesus Christ).
- The faith requires obedience to GOD in harmony with the Holy Scriptures.
- We honor and keep the Ten Commandments written by the finger of Yahweh himself, and this includes the 7th day Sabbath from creation.
- The day upon which Yahweh himself rested is not to be confused with the sabbath requirements given to the Israelites in the Mosaic Law.
WHO IS JESUS CHRIST?
- Jesus Christ is the Son of God, the Father Yahweh.
- He was resurrected in bodily form.
- Jesus Christ came to earth and redeemed us from our sinful lives.
- Anyone who believes in Jesus has the promise of everlasting life.
- He has existed alongside the Father for eternity.
- He left the right side of the Father to come to earth to be born as a human to a virgin named Mary.
- Jesus led a sinless, perfect life, and set the perfect example of how to worship God in truth and have genuine love for mankind.
- Jesus sole purpose is to glorify God, His Father.
- All things were created through him and by Him, including the heavens and the earth.
- He sacrificed His life for us on the Cross (T-shaped stake or tree).
- He rose from the dead after three and a half days.
- He ascended back to heaven to sit at the right hand of His Father.
- His once for all time blood shed for our sins gives us permanent forgiveness and reconnects us to God, the Father.
WHO IS GOD?
- Elohim or "God" is a title that in the ancient Hebrew literally translates into the English word, "powers".
- These powers (GOD) are the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- Each has no beginning or no end.
WHO IS THE FATHER?
- He is the Almighty Sustainer, Sovereign Lord (Adonai in Hebrew) of everything in existence.
- His name is Yahweh (YHWH), which means "to cause to be or exist."
- He is greater than the Son, Jesus Christ (Messiah Yeshua).
- He cannot lie.
- He is an eternal spirit.
- There is no other GOD before Him.
- He is loving, merciful, and slow to anger.
WHO IS THE HOLY SPIRIT?
- He is the spirit (immortal being) of the Father and the Son.
- He inspired the writers of scripture.
- He leads us to the Father and the Son.
- He teaches and convicts us to worship the Father.
- He gives us spiritual gifts and talents.
- He was sent to comfort, strengthen, and correct the Church.
- He bears witness of Christ and through the Holy Scriptures leads the Church in all truths.
- He speaks as an individual being, not an active force.
- He calls faithful servants to God's service and takes them under his wing.
WHAT IS THE CHURCH?
- The word church in Greek is ekklesia (ecclesia).
- Translates literally to "called out ones."
- It is the body of baptized believers who confess faith in Jesus Christ (Messiah Yeshua) as Lord and Savior.
- Endures through the end of the age by the power of the Holy Spirit.
- Declares the Gospel or "good news" to the inhabited earth.
- Receive our authority from Christ and able to perform miraculous deeds by the Holy Spirit's power.
- Has certain gifts from the Holy Spirit ranging from evangelism to hospitality to the prophetic powers.
- Keeps the Commandments of God and bares witness of Jesus Christ.
- Assembles together to edify one another in the worship of GOD.
WHAT ARE THE HOLY SCRIPTURES?
- The infallible words of God written in the Hebrew (Old Testament) and Greek and Aramaic (New Testament) languages.
- Written by righteous men under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit.
- Teaches the Church the appropriate way to worship God.
- Shares God's prophetic voice concerning the restoration of His heavenly kingdom on earth.
- Do not contradict.
- Interprets itself.
- Beneficial for equipping, teaching, and disciplining the Church in purity of thought, actions, and deeds.